tarting a business is no easy task. But, at the same time, there has been a period where we had more access to tools and knowledge on how to do it. There are literally millions of online resources for dropshippers and entrepreneurs, both online and in the physical world. It can be overwhelming if you don't know what you are looking for. In this post, we have put together a curated list of 30 of our top free digital resources for dropshippers and entrepreneurs, as well as a brief description of why they are useful. We hope you enjoy it.
Social Media and Marketing Channels:
- Facebook - The world's biggest social media platform. Tons of groups on every subject, and a great place to improve your online presence.
- Instagram - Owned by Facebook, an extremely visual social media that can put your products, photos, and content on display to the world.
- Pinterest - A social media platform that allows people to post and view content on tons of different subjects. Great for getting exposure for your products, or running ads.
- Youtube - The world's second-biggest search engine. The largest hub of video content in the world. You can post your own content or learn almost anything.
Writing & Blogging Tools:
- Grammarly - An extremely useful chrome extension that gives you helpful insights on the word choice, spelling, and tone of your writing.
- Google Docs - A free word processor offered by Google. You'll never lose your content because it is backed up to the cloud in real-time.
- Hubspot Blog Idea Generator - A super simple tool that will help you generate blog post ideas for a given subject.
Learning About Business & Entrepreneurship:
- Audible - Many people find it easier to listen to an audiobook than to read a physical book. Audible makes this easy. Join today for a 30-day free trial.
- Masters of Scale - A great podcast for learning how to scale a business, led by Reid Hoffman, the co-founder of LinkedIn.
- How I Built This - An insightful podcast where the host Guy Raz interviews successful people and unpacks the stories of how they built their companies.
- Khan Academy - Free educational videos & content on a variety of subjects.
- Skill Share - Take free classes on a variety of topics led by experts.
- HubSpot Academy - Free courses and certifications on a bunch of topics in e-commerce, blogging, and more.
Conducting Research on the Market & Your Competitors:
- SimilarWeb - A super useful Chrome extension that allows you to see how much traffic a website has & a breakdown of where the traffic is from.
- SEO Analysis & Website Review - A Chrome extension that gives you a score for the SEO of a website, and tells you how to improve the SEO results.
Website Optimization & Management:
- Compressor.io - Large images can drastically slow down your website. Compressor.io compresses your images for free, and keeps your website fast.
- GT Metrix - Test the speed of your website, and find opportunities for improvement.
- Google Analytics - The most powerful free tool for tracking your website's analytics. A must-have.
- Yoast SEO - A plugin for Wordpress.org (which is free) that provides real-time feedback on the SEO performance of your content as you write it.
- Broken Link Finder - A free tool that helps map out your website's URLs and finds all links that are broken or 404.
- Klaviyo - Email marketing & workflow software. Free for up to 250 contacts.
- Sendgrid - Powerful email marketing software free for up to 100 emails/day.
- Mailchimp - One of the biggest & simplest email marketing software. Free for up to 2000 contacts.
- Unsplash - Openly licensed photos free to use in any of your projects forever.
- Coverr.co - Video footage that is free to be used in your projects.
- Canva - A great tool for any graphic design needs. Many features can be used for free, and the rest can be used in their 30-day free trial.
- Easel.ly - A free tool for creating powerful visual infographics for your brand.
- Life of Pix - Free high-resolution photography that can be used on any of your projects or businesses.
- Slack - The world-leading tool for your team's communication. Free for small teams without the need for complex features. Our team 100% uses Slack.
- Google Hangouts - Free conversation & video chat software.