verybody wants to improve their lives to be happier, more productive, and more successful. However, many people often set huge goals that require substantial lifestyle changes that are unsustainable. If you make a dramatic change in your lifestyle/habits, it may likely be hard to maintain, causing you to become burnt out and, consequently, quitting the habit, causing you to feel unsuccessful.
The best way to implement meaningful changes into your life is by gradually adding small habits. If you want to make some changes in your life, start by adding one or two of these healthy habits; then, once they have become ingrained into your daily routine, you can add another habit or two!
Our Recommended Habits:
Wake up at the same time every day
- You don't have to wake up at 4:00 a.m. to be successful, but waking up at the same time every day helps improve your sleep quality by regulating your circadian rhythm while also helping you maintain a consistent daily schedule. Initially, it may be difficult to wake up at the same time on the weekend, but your body will start to get used to the schedule and soon you will start to wake up at your set time without an alarm! This habit can greatly improve your life as you will feel more rested and have more energy to be productive.
- Starting your day by accomplishing a few tasks in the morning sets you up for a productive and successful day. A morning routine helps to set the pace for your productivity for the rest of the day, as well as putting you in a positive mindset.
- Your morning routine could include tasks like making your bed, cooking breakfast, drinking a glass of water, stretching, going for a run, or working out.
- By setting aside time to learn, you are practicing discipline while keeping your brain sharp and continuously growing your knowledge, which you can implement into your business or everyday life.
- Exercising daily helps you work on your discipline while improving your physical and mental health. Additionally, this positive health shift can help you have more energy, and to have a more positive mindset, leading to higher productivity and an improvement in overall well-being.
- You can do this by lifting weights, running, biking, sports, or even just walking!
Focus on one task at a time
- Many people try to multitask and accomplish several tasks at once but end up just partially completing these tasks. Focus on one task at a time so you can dedicate all of your effort into the task at hand until it is complete; then move on to your next task.
- In order to sustain your habits and keep up your productivity, you need to keep your mind healthy. Dedicate time to self-care like hygiene and mental health practices so you don't burn out.
While the idea of setting huge lifestyle change goals may sound appealing, they are often out of reach and will end up in failure to adhere to your goal. Therefore, setting smaller goals to work on every day, then building upon those goals is a far more sustainable lifestyle change system. Make a change for the better and add one or two of these tasks into your daily routine. Remember to be patient, as it will take time for these tasks to become habits.